The last word of the defendant Lyubov Galaktionova in Vladivostok

 RUSSIA 


The last word of the defendant Lyubov Galaktionova in Vladivostok

May 27, 2022

Primorsky Krai


From the courtroom


Despite her advanced age and poor health, the believer was able to tell the court about how the Bible helped her to change for the better. She drew the court's attention to the fact that both neighbors and work colleagues know her as a kind and peaceful person.


Transcript of the court session in the Leninsky District Court of Vladivostok dated 05/27/2022 in the case 1-14/2022 (1-136/2021; 1-414/2019) according to the accusation of Galaktionova Lyubov Alexandrovna and others. of committing a crime under Part 2 of Article 282.2 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.


Galaktionova Lyubov Alexandrovna:


Your Honor, this is my last word. It will be brief due to my state of health.


I want to answer your question. In all these countries, Jehovah's Witnesses have always acted in accordance with the words of Christ: "They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world." This means taking a neutral position on both politics and conflict. It doesn't matter if these are internal or external conflicts. This position did not suit the authorities, so Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted. This was especially aggravated before, during and after the Second World War. Over time, the authorities became convinced of the peacefulness of Jehovah's Witnesses and allowed them to freely practice their religion.


I started studying the Bible in 1996, and in 1998 I was baptized and became a Jehovah's Witness. I used to be able to respond rudely to insults directed at me. But when I began to read the Bible and learned the norms of God, I revised a lot in my life. The commandment "Love your neighbor as yourself," which Jehovah gave to his servants, helped me to look at myself in a different way. I began to apply it in my life. This, of course, affected my behavior.


Ask any of my neighbors if they have heard a rude or insulting word from me. I have a reputation for being a kind and peaceful person. This will be confirmed by my colleagues at work. When I returned home from the hospital after the coronavirus, not only my co-religionists came to visit me, but even my neighbors. They brought me different products so that I could get better faster. How does this characterize me? As an aggressive and intolerant person? As an extremist, which includes me and my friends? If I were like this, would someone come to find out about my well-being?


I am finishing. I am not guilty and have not committed any extremist acts. Therefore, Your Honor, I ask you to acquit me and my friends.


Summary of the case


Region:

Primorsky Krai

Locality:

Vladivostok

What is suspected:

According to the investigation, he participated in divine services, which is interpreted as participation in the activities of an extremist organization (with reference to the decision of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation on the liquidation of all 396 registered organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses)

Criminal case number:

11807050001000038

Case initiated:

April 9, 2018

Current stage of the case:

The verdict has entered into force

Investigating:

The Federal Security Service of Russia for the Primorsky Territory

Articles of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation:

282.2 (2), 282.2 (1)

The number of the case in court:

1-14/2022 (1-136/2021; 1-414/2019)

Court:

Leninsky District Court of Vladivostok

Judge:

Maxim Anufriev

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

In Petrozavodsk, One of Jehovah's Witnesses Was Arrested After a Search

The last word of the defendant Vladimir Mavrin in Balakovo

Conscientious objector's 6 months in military detention